Saturday, September 8, 2012

Brigham City Temple and Williams Wedding

 Early last Saturday morning, about 4:30 we got up to go and visit the Open House of the Brigham City Temple which will be dedicated later this month.  Andrea got the tickets for all of us and then she got really, really sick so she couldn't even go.  I felt so bad about that.  I felt sad that she couldn't go.  The Correas went also.  Pedro just got his mission call.  He will be serving in the Las Vegas West Mission, leaving Oct 10th.
 The temple is very beautiful both inside and out.  It's little, but so so beautiful.  Directly across from the temple is the Box Elder Tabernacle.  It is also very nice.  It's old and has actually been rebuilt after a fire, but it's very nice.
                                               








                                                 The temple view from the tabernacle.


 Saturday evening we went to the wedding reception of Jordan Williams.  His parents Kathy and Sid have been our friends for many, many years.
In fact, I taught at the same school in Rosamond, Ca as Kathy did.  We had a lot of fun together, talking about the kids, comparing lessons, having lunch together, as well as talking about personal stuff.  That first year I was there, we both taught 4th and we even had some activities together for our classes.  In Ca part of the curriculum is California history and whenever I taught 4th, we always did a mock gold rush.  kathy and I did one together that year.  It was a ton of fun.  We made little draw string bags out of burlap and each student got one.  The moms and I painted rocks with gold spray paint and that became our gold.  On the day of the gold rush, the moms spread that "gold" out in a designated area and later the kids searched for it.  In another area we had tables set out with "stuff" that they could buy with their gold.  There were donated things and things that I bought such as games, toys, chips, jump ropes, candy, books, and all sorts of things.  First the kids would weigh their gold on a scale and then according to how much gold they had, they could go shopping.  The Dads would do a bar-b-cue and after shopping the kids and the parents would eat.  It was usually hot dogs, hamburgers, chili, chips, and soda.  It took us all afternoon to do the gold rush and it was a blast.  Whenever I think about teaching, I always have great memories.  I really loved teaching and working with the kids.
 Back to the reception.  It was held at a lovely reception center.  Everything was so elegant.


 Kathy and Sid both looked wonderful.  I think it's been about 7 or 8 years since we've seen them and it was great fun to catch up.  Actually Kathy had called me a couple of days before while we were driving home from Ca and we talked for about 2 hours.  We really had a lot to catch up on.
                          The bride and groom were a beautiful couple and so "in love".  



                                 Everything turned out just perfect.  I am so so happy for them.


1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful temple! We are also getting a new temple, in the nearby town of Gilbert. It too is beautiful, but it's HUGE! I'm excited for my teenage son to attend the Open House.

    Is that CHEESECAKE I see on that plate? Serious yum!

    I loved reading about the Gold Rush you did for your students. I would have loved for my kids to have such an amazing opportunity!

    ReplyDelete