Sunday, August 19, 2012

Petty's Visit

Our good friends Robin and Rick came from Texas with their granddaughter Hayley for a wedding of one of their other friends.  They got to stay with us and we had fun enjoying their company for a while.  One day while they went to the temple with the bride, I watched Hayley.  I took her and 3 of my little granddaughters to see Brave.  As we drove up the the theatre, Hayley shouts, "The Cupcake Wars!  I love the Cupcake Wars.  I see their shop.  I'm going there and I'm going to go in and shout,  I love you guys.  I saw you on TV."  It was so cute and so funny.  Of course the very next day Robin and I went there with her. She was so cute.  The cupcakes were yummy and the shop is very cute.  We also bought some cake balls and cookies.  My favorite was the Almond Joy Cookie.  It is incredibly delicious.

That evening we all had dinner together.  I made pork chops with a delicious sauce of Russian Dressing, Apricot jam, and the dried onion soup mix packet.  We also had fresh corn, garlic bread, and a large green salad.  We had Sweet Fairy goodies for dessert...Yummmy.

No comments:

Post a Comment