Friday, July 13, 2012

Ballet and Scouts

 My cute little great granddaughter Tatum was in a real ballet.  It wasn't just a recital, but the ballet Swan Lake.  She was a little bunny and did such a cute job.  I don't remember seeing bunnies in this ballet before, but all of the little bunnies were as cute as could be.  You can tell by her smile that she just loved dressing up and dancing.





 Spencer got his Arrow of Light, the highest award in cub scouting.  Now he is a real Scout.  He earned more awards than any of the other boys in his troop.  Way to go Spence.


Here he is pinning his Mom.  

I remember the first time we went to an Eagle Scout Court of Honor I thought it was such a nice gesture that the Mom's got a pin too. I thought that it was the boys who did all the work and that really they were the ones who earned the award.  Then I had 2 Eagle Scouts myself and I learned that, yes the boys do a lot of work and most of the work, but that the Mom's deserve that Eagle pin too.  I remember doing (helping) and encouraging a lot.  It is a great honor for the boys to be Eagle Scouts and I hope T and S become Eagles.  I think they will.

1 comment:

  1. How fun for Tatum to be in Swan Lake. What an adorable bunny.

    Congratulations to Spencer on earning his Arrow of Light. He is well on his way to get his Eagle. I, too, love that moms get a pin.

    ReplyDelete